- Is the only independent professional group of privately practicing Clinical Psychologists in Australia.
- Understands the needs of Clinical Psychologists working in Private Practice and the private sector.
- Is recognised as a peak body in Psychology, and has high level industry representation.
- Works for members to support and advocate for them.
- Has a 45 year history of advocacy (see our history page for more on what ICP has achieved over the years for Clinical Psychology).
The ICP works to advocate for Clinical Psychology in various forums, including peak body representation, government, AHPRA, health funds, DVA and ICWA to ensure our clients and professional needs are represented.
ICP runs CPD events for members and a yearly AGM.
As we have very senior members of the profession in our membership, there is access to mentoring through collegial contacts and networking.
Each ICP member has their own practice website linked with the ICP website, advertising your practice, interests, and contact details.
ICP covers half of the costs of your entry into a GP book for mental health services, and a GP accessible website. This assists in garnering referrals.
ICP advertises your workshops and seminars amongst members, and on our website, free of charge.
Easily identify peers for supervision groups through the ICP network, which has many experienced clinicians amongst the membership.
Build your professional contacts by networking with other members at our events and via our online internal communication platform (‘Slack’).
Conduct professional discussions, share and collate resources via our internal communication platform.
Consult with other members and seek support via our internal communication system (‘Slack’).
Reduce the isolation of private practice but having direct access to each and every member of the group and their collective experience.
Take your place in Australia’s only organisation for Clinical Psychologists
in Private Practice
Membership and Eligibility criteria
The ICP is for Clinical Psychologists in Private Practice.
For membership you must be:
- currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) through the Psychology Board of Australia.
- endorsed as a Clinical Psychologist, or currently undergoing training as a Clinical Psychologist Registrar.
Grades of Membership and Fees
|Full Member||Clinical Psychologist working at least some portion of their time in private practice||
$225 per year
i) Clinical Psychologist not working in private practice (suitable for those in the public sector)
$185 per year
|Lifetime member||Awarded by the ICP committee for longstanding contribution to ICP||No Fee|
|Honorary and Fellowships||Awarded by the ICP committee for outstanding contribution to ICP and/or the profession||No Fee|
|Student||Available to all students enrolle din an APC accredited Masters of Clincial Psychology degree or equivalent.||$20 per year|
- Follow our easy online membership application process to become an ICP member.
- The ICP membership co-ordinator will review your application based upon your registration status and good standing with AHPRA.
- Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.