Member Run CPD
Within the ICP we have many skilled and experienced members who from time to time run training events and CPD.
Listed below are upcoming CPD events being run by our members.
5-6 November 2021
Press pause on your role as helper and carer, and spend some time focusing on you and your needs. This retreat will use the principles of both Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Schema Therapy to:
· Create a space where you can rest, rejuvenate, and rediscover parts of yourself that are forgotten amidst the busyness of life
· Sit on the other side of the therapy exchange as you practice experiential strategies to foster self-care
· Reorient your clinical practice to better align with your values
· Non-judgementally attune to contextual factors that impede your capacity to practice self-care
· Pay attention to your schemas and the impact they have on your self-care and clinical practice
· Tune in to your Vulnerable Child Mode and allow your Happy Child to play!
· Build on your Healthy Adult Mode to assist in taking good care of yourself, independent of how busy or stressed you are
After the retreat it is intended that you will return to your usual life with:
· A sense of calm and renewed energy
· Connection to your values and a sense of purpose for the future
· An appreciation for the many ways we can use experiential strategies to create meaningful change
· A psychologically flexible plan on how to take good care of yourself in general and in your clinical work
· An understanding of how ACT and Schema Therapy are applied to self-care.